Watch our brief company video
Welcome to Personal-Assistant-Tips.com: a Personal Assistant and Executive Assistant resource hub. Our mission is to deliver cutting-edge EA and PA training and mentoring, and work with organisations around the world to upskill their support team in line with the expectations of a growing business.
Best-in-class EA/PA Training Courses
We understand the duties, objectives, and unique skill-set of today's Assistants, and have developed premium training courses that are best-in-class on the international market today, to help Assistants significantly raise their game! Our 2-day Advanced Executive PA Masterclass and our comprehensive PA refresher courses are consistently rated 5 out of 5 for "excellence".
Top Of The Range Bespoke In-house EA/PA Training
Our publicly-held courses are typically delivered in London, England but we can work with you to tailor courses to your organisation's needs and deliver them in-house at your offices. We also offer lunch 'n learn bite-size PA training for companies with a limited training budget. Each lunch 'n learn module can be delivered over a lunch period. Check out our in-house courses.
Consultancy Services That Create A Winning Support Team
For those situations where discovery and problem solving is the best strategy for improving the quality of the service provided by your support team, we will devise a support staff strategy that shows Assistants how to meet the expectations of their organisation.
We will work with organisation to:
- upskill individual PAs to reverse underperformance
- audit the skills and capabilities of your support team
- create best practice and common ways of working
- appraise directors on the effective use of an Assistant
- review and optimise support team job descriptions
FREE 20-minute no-obligation consultation
Result-based EA/PA Mentoring That Delivers Results
We also offer mentoring programmes for PAs, EAs and Admins who work at CEO level, and at every level of the profession. Our programmes include a 6-8 month mentoring programme that will develop a leadership mindset and significantly improve the Assistant's personal brand to prepare her/him for the next level of the profession.
Gain Full Access To All Articles On This Site
Personal-Assistant-Tips.com is a comprehensive hub of information and advice for the PA professional. For a one-time fee of just £12.97, you can gain full access to over 100 articles on this website, including comprehensive downloadable planning checklists to help you plan international travel, meetings and events. View list of articles, then click here to join.
Subscribe To Our FREE PA Advice Newsletter
Receive free and exclusive PA professional newsletters, delivered directly to your inbox every month. Click here to sign up.
"Marguerita is the Wikipedia of the PA profession."PA, London, England
"I highly recommend this website. It brings together all the essential information any PA/Secretary may need and is incredibly useful. A lot of time and effort must have gone into putting this together and I for one am incredibly grateful."
Linda, PA, Surrey, England
"Dear Ms King, CONGRATULATIONS for your FANTASTIC website! I am absolutely impressed of the quantity and the quality of sound, useful advice you give here. Your website is referenced in a topic discussion in the LinkedIn website.....It is really a VERY, VERY GOOD JOB the one you have done here. CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good job!"
Damian, PA, France
SEVEN WAYS TO BECOME A GOOD PERSONAL ASSISTANT
1) Understand Your Boss's Expectations PAs pack their boss's parachute on a daily basis so it is essential that PAs fully understand their boss's objectives. This includes understanding your boss's work style, expectations, and boundaries. In the same way that you would collect a list of preferences for a frequent traveller, you also need to have a frank conversation with your boss about his/her expectations.
2) Take Thorough Messages
When taking messages for your boss, use your questions effectively to drill down to the heart of the issue. Asking "who", "what", "why", "where" and "when" questions will help you to take a comprehensive message that your boss can act on without having to return the call. If you put yourself in your boss's shoes when taking the message and ask all the questions he/she if likely to ask, you will also prevent unnecessary meetings.
3) Understand The Company's Vision It is essential that you understand the vision and mission of your organisation. These factors impact the decision-making of your boss and the wider organisation. Understanding the vision and mission will help you to make solid decisions on your boss's behalf.
4) Become Your Boss's Mentee Ask your boss to mentor you; particularly if you are new to the organisation. This will encourage better teamwork and help your boss to understand your challenges and gaps in your understanding of the business.
5) Be a Problem Solver Always provide a possible solution when delivering a message to your boss about a problem. Your boss has enough to worry about, so if you can offer solutions, that will take some of the pressure off your boss. It could be something as simple as saying that there is a problem with "X" but you have spoken to a team member about it and they are looking into it.
6) Be Your Boss's Memory Be a mind of useful information. Get clued up on personal things like the names of the wives of your boss's main customers (and their birthdays if you can manage it).
7) Have a Plan For Continuous Development Don't allow yourself to be overlooked for training and development, or for promotion. Set goals for your development and tell your boss what is needed to ensure that you keep up with the latest best practice in your profession. It's the PA's responsibility to have such a plan. It says that you are conscious of the need for new ideas in your role to ensure the effectiveness of your partnership.
Finally, advancing effortlessly from a not-so-senior Personal Assistant role to a Senior Executive Assistant role requires a thorough understanding of the senior EAs objectives and responsibilities. It also sets a bar for development to ensure that you are growing in the profession.
Improve your PA skill-set by "X" and the "WHY?" will become obvious! Luck occurs when opportunity meets preparation
ESSENTIAL CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR THE PA PROFESSIONAL
- Refresh your PA professional skills
- Learn how to add more finesse in your PA role- Enhance your capabilities with essential soft skills
- Move forward with an exceptional PA brand
Training is an investment, not an expense! Many executives agree that an exceptional Executive PA can contribute as much as 40% to her/his boss's productivity; therefore, a good Executive Assistant is worth many times their salary.
Paradoxically, when it comes to PA training and continuous professional development, PAs often have to battle with their boss to convince them to invest in effective PA training. PAs pack their boss's parachute on a daily basis so regular refresher training is a must. If you need ideas for making your case for PA training download our business case document.
OUR EA, PA & ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING EVENTS
ADVANCED PA TRAINING
The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass
PA & SECRETARIAL REFRESHER TRAINING
PA Duties: Mastering the Essentials Course
IN-HOUSE EA, PA & ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING
Training delivered at your offices
LUNCH 'N LEARN ASSISTANT TRAINING
Bitesize PA training during lunch period
ALL TRAINING EVENTS
HOW TO WRITE A PA TRAINING BUSINESS CASE
PERSONAL-ASSISTANT-TIPS PA MENTORING
"A Consultant PA Mentor is a knowledgeable and trusted advisor that can help you raise your professional game"
The road to success is always under construction!
Are you constantly setting career goals and abandoning them? We can help you set achievable goals and remain motivated to fulfil them.
Whether you are a PA, an Executive Assistant, a junior secretary or an Administrator, it is essential that you maintain your professional performance. PA mentoring is an effective, personalized resource for PA development that can significantly improve your effectiveness and help you to discover your unique career roadmap. It is a good way to improve your performance without attending a training course, particularly as advice is tailored to your specific challenges. Personal-Assistant-Tips offers face-to-face mentoring and telephone/email mentoring programmes. Click here for more on PA Mentoring
PA STRATEGY MENTORING TESTIMONIAL
"Marguerita's skillful approach of the particular topics I lack in administration and organization grew me overnight thus being able to face my new challenge in the utmost professional manner."
Diana, EA, Switzerland
CAREER MENTORING TESTIMONIAL
"I am thankful that you helped me so quickly with my CV. I now feel more self-confident with this professional CV. Thanks to your tips and review the format is very clean and the content is powerful. Now the job hunting can start!"
Annette, Records & Information Manager, Germany
For full access to articles on this siteJOIN PERSONAL-ASSISTANT-TIPS Over 100 PA, EA, Administrator and secretarial related articles for just
£12.97 No renewal fees, No annual fees
View list of articles
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
(Click here for currency calculator)
“I subscribed to your website about a year ago, it’s a fantastic resource for the profession. It’s been particularly useful for me as I embarked on a new job today, it's been invaluable.”
Paula, EA, London
"Hello Marguerita:I've just spent a substantial amount of time reviewing your website and can only say one thing...AMAZING! Your insight into the needs of administrative professionals is absolutely mind boggling. Thanks for your willingness to be a valuable resource."
P.J. Davenport, Davenport Executive Services, England
We hope you decide to embark on a programme of continuous professional development through our highly recommended world-class PA & EA courses or one of our mentoring programmes for PAs, EAs Admins, Office Managers and secretaries. If this is not an option for you at the moment, please bookmark this site for future referral and sign up for our free newsletter.
Why not join this website for just £12.97 (no annual renewal fee) and ask your boss to re-imburse you. It's the least organisations can do to support the continuous professional development efforts of valuable Assistants. View list of articles.
I hope you will find this site a very useful professional resource. And we welcome your comments and suggestions for improving the service we provide to you. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you create your unique career roadmap.
Marguerita King BSc DipPA
20-22 Wenlock Road
London, N1 7GU
Tel: +44 (0)845 862 2687
Fax: +44 (0)207 183 9899
Mobile: +44 (0)7771 648521
Facebook: Visit our Facebook page
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our newsletter