Watch our brief company video
"Marguerita is the Wikipedia of the PA profession."PA, London, England
Welcome to Personal-Assistant-Tips.com: a Personal Assistant and Executive Assistant resource hub. Our mission is to deliver cutting-edge EA and PA training and mentoring, and work with organisations around the world to upskill their support team in line with the expectations of a growing business.
Best-in-class EA/PA Training Courses
We understand the duties, objectives, and unique skill-set of today's Assistants, and have developed premium training courses that are best-in-class on the international market today, to help Assistants significantly raise their game! Our 2-day Advanced Executive PA Masterclass and our comprehensive PA refresher courses are consistently rated 5 out of 5 for "excellence".
“Marguerita is a PA guru. The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass presents skills and tips that not only equip you in your role as a PA - but in every day life."
Jessica, PA, London
Top-of-the-range Bespoke In-house EA/PA Training
Our publicly-held courses are typically delivered in London, England but we can work with you to tailor courses to your organisation's needs and deliver them in-house at your offices. We also offer lunch 'n learn bite-size PA training for companies with a limited training budget. Each lunch 'n learn module can be delivered over a lunch period. Check out our in-house courses.
"The case studies were a good way to make us think beyond what we would do as standard and endeavour to go one step beyond. It also gave a good insight into how the PA should/could be utilised."
Alison, Admin Manager, Moody's Investors Service, London
Consultancy Services That Create A Winning Support Team
For those situations where discovery and problem solving is the best strategy for improving the quality of the service provided by your support team, we will devise a support staff strategy that shows Assistants how to meet the expectations of their organisation.
We will work with your organisation to:
- upskill individual PAs to reverse underperformance
- audit the skills and capabilities of your support team
- create best practice and common ways of working
- appraise directors on the effective use of an Assistant
- review and optimise support team job descriptions
FREE 20-minute no-obligation consultation
"We now have a team of EA’s and Executives who better understand the role of an EA and the importance of the relationship between the two parties. We would highly recommend Marguerita and her services."
Zoe, Company Secretary, InXpress, England
Result-based EA/PA Mentoring That Delivers Results
We also offer mentoring programmes for PAs, EAs and Admins who work at CEO level, and at every level of the profession. Our programmes include a 6-8 month mentoring programme that will develop a leadership mindset and significantly improve the Assistant's personal brand to prepare her/him for the next level of the profession.
The road to success is always under construction, so if you are constantly setting career goals and abandoning them, our Consultant PA Mentor can help you map out your unique career path.
"Marguerita's skillful approach of the particular topics I lack in administration and organization grew me overnight thus being able to face my new challenge in the utmost professional manner."
Diana, EA, Switzerland
Gain Full Access To All Articles On This Site
"I highly recommend this website. A lot of time and effort must have gone into putting this together and I for one am incredibly grateful."
Linda, PA, Surrey, England
Personal-Assistant-Tips.com is a comprehensive hub of information and advice for the PA professional. For a one-time fee of just £12.97, you can gain full access to over 100 articles on this website, including comprehensive downloadable planning checklists to help you plan international travel, meetings and events. View list of articles, then click here to join.
Subscribe To Our FREE PA Advice Newsletter
Receive free and exclusive PA professional newsletters, delivered directly to your inbox every month. Click here to sign up.
SEVEN WAYS TO BECOME A GOOD PERSONAL ASSISTANT
1) Understand Your Boss's Expectations PAs pack their boss's parachute on a daily basis so it is essential that PAs fully understand their boss's objectives. This includes understanding your boss's work style, expectations, and boundaries. In the same way that you would collect a list of preferences for a frequent traveller, you also need to have a frank conversation with your boss about his/her expectations.
2) Take Thorough Messages
When taking messages for your boss, use your questions effectively to drill down to the heart of the issue. Asking "who", "what", "why", "where" and "when" questions will help you to take a comprehensive message that your boss can act on without having to return the call. If you put yourself in your boss's shoes when taking the message and ask all the questions he/she if likely to ask, you will also prevent unnecessary meetings.
3) Understand The Company's Vision It is essential that you understand the vision and mission of your organisation. These factors impact the decision-making of your boss and the wider organisation. Understanding the vision and mission will help you to make solid decisions on your boss's behalf.
4) Become Your Boss's Mentee Ask your boss to mentor you; particularly if you are new to the organisation. This will encourage better teamwork and help your boss to understand your challenges and gaps in your understanding of the business.
5) Be a Problem Solver Always provide a possible solution when delivering a message to your boss about a problem. Your boss has enough to worry about, so if you can offer solutions, that will take some of the pressure off your boss. It could be something as simple as saying that there is a problem with "X" but you have spoken to a team member about it and they are looking into it.
6) Be Your Boss's Memory Be a mind of useful information. Get clued up on personal things like the names of the wives of your boss's main customers (and their birthdays if you can manage it).
7) Have a Plan For Continuous Development Don't allow yourself to be overlooked for training and development, or for promotion. Set goals for your development and tell your boss what is needed to ensure that you keep up with the latest best practice in your profession. It's the PA's responsibility to have such a plan. It says that you are conscious of the need for new ideas in your role to ensure the effectiveness of your partnership.
Finally, advancing effortlessly from a not-so-senior Personal Assistant role to a Senior Executive Assistant role requires a thorough understanding of the senior EAs objectives and responsibilities. It also sets a bar for development to ensure that you are growing in the profession.
HIGH QUALITY EA, PA & ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING EVENTS
ADVANCED EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT PROGRAMME
NEW! The Executive Assistant Practitioner Course
ADVANCED PERSONAL ASSISTANT TRAINING
The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass
PA & ADMIN BEST PRACTICE TRAINING
PA Duties: Mastering the Essentials Course
IN-HOUSE EA, PA & ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING
Training delivered at your offices
LUNCH 'N LEARN ASSISTANT TRAINING
Bitesize PA training during lunch period
ALL TRAINING EVENTS
How to write a PA training Business Case
We hope you decide to embark on a programme of continuous professional development through our highly recommended world-class PA & EA courses or one of our mentoring programmes. For immediate access to a great PA resource join this websites.
Please bookmark this site for future referral and sign up for our free newsletter. We welcome your comments and suggestions for improving the service we provide to you.
Marguerita King BSc DipPA
20-22 Wenlock Road
London, N1 7GU
Tel: +44 (0)845 862 2687
Fax: +44 (0)207 183 9899
Facebook: Visit our Facebook page
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our newsletter