“The best of the Advanced Executive PA Masterclass is not the
content (which was perfect), but for me it is about how to be more useful,
powerful, and willing to do things and increase my boundaries. I see
opportunities I didn't see before! THANKS!!!"
EA to CEO & President, Barcelona, Spain
“Fully satisfied about the course Marguerita presented. I feel like I learned from the best."
Lucia, PA, Tipico Co. Ltd, Malta
“Thank you so much, you presented exactly what you said you would. I've learnt loads!"
Aisling, EA to CEO, BNP Paribas, Dublin Branch
(0900hrs until 1630hrs daily)
21 & 22 November 2019
6, 7 February 2020
23, 24 April 2020
2, 3 July 2020
24, 25 September 2020
26, 27 November 2020
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel,
68-86 Cromwell Rd, Kensington,
London, SW7 5BT, England
THE AIMS OF THIS COURSE
If you are looking for a top PA training course in London and top tips for Executive Assistants, the Advanced Executive PA Masterclass training course is, without a doubt, one of the best Executive Assistant training courses on the market today. It is designed for Executive PAs and EAs who would like to develop world-class skills and become better strategic business partners to their executives. Executive PAs will learn how to approach their role from a strategic and managerial perspective, and take more responsibility for managing their executive's workflow.
This is a challenging and enjoyable 2-day course that is built around realistic case studies, problem-solving exercises and the development of practical managerial-level soft skills. Useful tools, apps and resources are introduced to help Assistants plan and organise their work.
This masterclass offers world-class Executive Assistant training, delivered by a former Executive PA and international trainer with expert knowledge of the EA role and its challenges. We can also deliver this course in-house at your offices to your PA team. EAs consistently rate this course as 5 out of 5 for excellence.
THE LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THIS COURSE
As a result of attending this course, delegates will have a better understanding of the shifting responsibilities and expectations of the modern Executive Assistant role. They will be encouraged to record ideas in an action plan for implementation upon return to the office. After attending the course, Executive PAs will understand how to better assist their executives with working towards fulfilment of their strategic business objectives. EAs will also have a greater focus on the development of their own personal brand and career development.
"In just 2 days you will have the formula for developing a powerful strategic business partnership with your executive."
- learn how to develop a powerful strategic partnership with your executive
- learn how to think critically and solve complex problems
- learn how to quickly plan a project
- learn how to build a notable personal brand to progress your career
- learn about a time-saving email management automation system
- learn a formula for influencing management
- learn how to create more time in your executive's diary
- learn how to identify and deal with time stealers
- learn how to prioritise the demands of multiple managers
- learn win-win negotiation strategies
COURSE OUTLINE (Day 1)
Day 1 of this course also forms MODULE 2 of
BUILDING A STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH YOUR EXECUTIVE
- Group exercise: The EA’s role as a strategic partner - identifying strategic tasks
- Manager and gatekeeper: understanding the EA’s objectives
- How to discover your executive’s daily priorities without being told
- Applying forward thinking in your strategic partnership
- Understanding emotional intelligence - developing self-leadership behaviours
BLENDING IN WITH THE EXECUTIVE TEAM
- Developing the skill-set of a world-class Chief Executive Assistant (CEA)
- Group exercise: Understanding the rules of successful delegation
- Blending in with the executive team by increasing your leverage in the organization
- Working successfully with various management styles
- Group exercise: Prioritising the demands of multiple executives
MANAGING YOUR EXECUTIVE’S TIME & THE TEAM
- Exercise: Identifying activities that steal your time
- Time management models and strategies for prioritising your workload
- Time-saving email management systems and strategies
- Diary management: techniques for creating more time in the diary
- Group exercise: Understanding your team’s needs and applying emotional intelligence when resolving issues with the team
UNDERSTANDING PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
- Identifying the essential steps for successful project management
- Using a work breakdown schedule to understand the project workflow
- Group exercise: Creating a timeline event plan to quickly visualise a project
- Effective event and party planning tips
- Group EA problem solving session: an opportunity to discuss your PA issues and challenges
COURSE OUTLINE (Day 2)
Day 2 of this course also forms MODULE 3 of
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - GETTING WHAT YOU WANT FROM OTHERS
- Improving your written communication skills with concise wording and structure
- Verbal communication skills and persuasive body language
- Exercise: Using an influencing formula to create a successful business case
- Winning strategies for delivering a persuasive presentation
- Exercise: Verbally presenting your ideas to management
- Dealing assertively with others without causing offence
WIN-WIN NEGOTIATION & PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGIES
- Understanding the rules of win-win negotiation
- Essential preparation for talking in terms of the other party’s interests
- Exercise: practicing win-win negotiation
- Group exercise: problem solving – how to examine a problem from a 360° perspective
INCREASING YOUR MANAGERIAL POTENTIAL
- You and your personal brand: identifying sources of the EA’s power and components of a personal brand
- Exercise: A quiz for assessing your personal brand
- Group exercise: how to impress a new executive and thoroughly prep to ensure a good first impression
- How to identify tasks that add value to your role
- Strategies for maximising your performance review scores
MOVING FORWARD IN YOUR CAREER
- How to maintain continuous EA development using professional resources
- Formulating an “Elevator Pitch” that will do justice to your brand
- How to create a powerful career story
- Exploring the Virtual Assistant role
- Useful tools and resources for your EA toolkit
- Using LinkedIn to portray an outstanding personal brand
PLUS 6 months of FREE PA mentoring on a monthly ask-a-question basis, for Attendees of Advanced Exec PA Masterclass. Or 9 months of free EA mentoring for attendees of The Executive Assistant Practitioner Course.
“Many examples, stories, different ways of presenting material were adopted, relevant, engaging, excellent course. Very good trainer!"
Bruno, EA, Dublin
“This course has been so fundamentally useful and intriguing. I go away with top tips for developing myself as an EA. I have gained further skills and knowledge and I look forward to applying them in my current role.” Roopal, EA, London
“Highly recommend and Marguerita is clearly very experienced. The pace of the course is also ideal - you're engaged all the time." Purdey, PA, Atlas Insurance, Malta
“Marguerita is a PA guru. The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass presents skills and tips that not only equip you in your role as a PA - but in every day life." Jessica, PA, London
“I am glad to have had such an excellent opportunity to attend such a high-level training. I am going back to my office with my 2-page Action Plan and eager to practice what I have learnt." Isabelle, PA to CEO, Mauritius
“Thank you Marguerita for this course. It was perfect, and I will do it again in a few years to check if I’m still on track.” Deborah Dufour-Vannier, EA, Docapost, Paris
“Marguerita managed to inform us on various extremely necessary issues that will further help us in work.”
Alona, Legal Team Assistant, SORAINEN ZAB, Latvia
“I would recommend this course to those wishing to progress into an EA role, but also will be so beneficial to experienced EAs wishing to sharpen their skills, improve their personal brand and begin planning their future career. Thanks Marguerita - so much to think about and reflect on.” EA, London
“High-level masterclass – good tips and good inspiration.”
Tina, PA, Zealand University Hospital, Denmark
“This course is a must for all EAs and PAs. The work and exercises are so valuable and you come away with so much. My action plan is full!" Lisa, PA to MD, England
"Helpful and insightful. Also for PAs with 20+ years of experience."
Cindy, Management Assistant, ING, Netherlands
"Very useful course. Productive sessions on real-life PA issues. Very practical." Val, PA, London
“Found the course really interesting. Good mix of people from all over Europe." Sally, Administrator, Wales Audit Office, Wales
"Two interesting days learning how to progress and how to achieve success. I am returning with lots of new ideas to be implemented. Thank you!" Celia, PA, ICPS, Mauritius
“Brilliant course! Marguerita was really informative and knowledgeable about all aspects of the Executive PA role." Jo, PA, Capital One, England
“For the PAs who think they know it all, think again! Would highly recommend all Executive PAs attend this masterclass. You'll come away with valuable tips and knowledge." Julie, EA to President, Alstom Renewable Power, Paris
"For the first time, a course with real practical tips. A different approach from the usual PA trainings." EA, Munich, Germany
"This was a great class! Very engaging and educational. Marguerita presented very professionally and answered all questions well. The content of the course was relevant and useful in the PA role." Liz, EA, Symantec Corporation, England
Early bird price: *£977.00 (inclusive)
Standard price £1050.00 (inclusive)
Group rate “per delegate” price: £825.00 (inclusive)
"PA Tips" Alumni Price: £810.00 (inclusive)
Charities Price: £810.00 (inclusive)
*Register 27 days in advance to take advantage of our Early Bird price
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The price includes the taught workshop, a course workbook, basic stationery, early morning, mid-morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch, a Personal-Assistant-Tips Certificate of Achievement, 6 months of PA mentoring on an Ask-a-Question basis, and any applicable taxes. Course fees do not cover travel, accommodation or transfers.
Click orange button below to register and pay online,
or download a registration form to pay by bank transfer
ASKING FOR TRAINING
The best way to employ pester power when asking for PA/EA training is to turn "NO" into "KNOW". Let us show you how.
Whether you choose to present a business case to your executive or choose to present your case verbally, we can create a power business case for training on your behalf, that will turn "know" into "yes". You can also take a look at our suggestions for writing a convincing business case and contact us for assistance.
PROVEN EFFECTIVENESS & VALUE FOR MONEY
1. Consistently rated as "excellent" by attendees
2. Pre-course questionnaire for problem solving session
3. World-class Executive PA tuition by former Executive PA
4. Lunch and refreshments provided each day
5. Workbook with slides, case studies and resources
6. 20% discount off course price for "PA Tips" Student Alumni
7. Certificate of Achievement awarded
8. *6 months of FREE follow-up support mentoring
* FREE FOLLOW-UP SUPPORT PA MENTORING
Personal-Assistant-Tips provides course follow-up and support with 6 months of free PA mentoring on a monthly ask-a-question basis.
OUR CLIENTS CHOOSE US BECAUSE
1. PAs learn from one of the best expert EA trainers in the world
2. Our real-world approach to your challenges will stretch your perception of PA issues and how to tackle them
3. Our courses are uniquely high-end in quality and provide exceptional value for money
4. Our repeat clients and client recommendations
5. Our testimonials demonstrate how attendees experience our training.
WE HAVE TRAINED THE BEST
We have trained Assistants from the best organisations so you're in good company. Previous clients include PwC, NHS, Marks & Spencer, BP, UNESCO, ING, European Training Foundation, E-On, Symantec, Provident, Roche, The Environment Agency, The Cabinet Office, Capital One, Alstom Energy, European Patent Office, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Moody’s Investors, BNP Paribas, European Agency for Fundamental Rights, and Legal & General, to name a few.
As mentioned early, the Advanced Executive PA Masterclass is among the best Executive Assistant training courses in the world today, and for this reason, Executive PAs should make every effort to attend. Assistant training is an investment, not an expense - it is maintenance for EAs, so it's prudent that executives give priority to training the Executive Assistants they intend to keep.
A recent Hays Secretarial survey found that 90% of executives believe they could not do their jobs properly without their PA. Therefore, PAs need to be at the cutting edge of their profession to better assist their executives. Attending this course will provide an opportunity for Executive PAs to stretch themselves and build their skill-set.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
Executive PAs, Executive Assistants, Senior Personal Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Senior Administrators and Office Managers.
HOW THE TRAINING IS DELIVERED
Training is delivered using practical case study reviews, stories, group problem solving sessions, role-play, and coaching, so that attendees gain a thorough understanding of the issues and solutions.
Attend this course as part of
"The Executive Assistant Practitioner Course"
The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass course can also be attended as part of "The Executive Assistant Practitioner Course". The Practitioner course is a comprehensive EA training programme that incorporates this Exec PA Masterclass course as Modules 2 and 3. Attendees must complete the following modules to achieve the EA Practitioner certificate. Please click on the link below for full details.
Module 1 - DAY 1: "PA Duties" [PA Duties: Mastering The Essentials Course]
Module 2 - DAY 2: "Working With Executives" [Advanced Executive PA Masterclass]
Module 3 - DAY 3: "Communicating Your Brand":[Advanced Executive PA Masterclass]
“Course content was excellent. Time for personal comments and feedback. Good tips and take aways which are easy to put in place."
Joycelyn, Commercial Assistant, KBA NotaSys, Switzerland
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the past two days...Marguerita's presentation style was first class. The pace of delivery was just right and the content addressed my every need to enable me to take away tips and behaviours to improve on my skill-set. Thank you!"
Nicky, PA to Directors, Willis, England
"Every PA should attend this course. Time is used adequately and you catch so many tips to stimulate thoughts and positive self-criticism."
Sara, PA, Magaldi Power, Italy
ABOUT OUR FACILITATOR
The Masterclass is taught by Marguerita King, expert international Executive Assistant trainer, Consultant PA Mentor, speaker and owner of Personal-Assistant-Tips. Marguerita has a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a diploma in personal assistance and practical experience of leadership and running a business.
Marguerita has more than 25 years' Executive PA experience and has written hundreds of articles on PA skills for newsletters, publications and personal-assistant-tips.com. She has been described as "a PA guru" and "the Wikipedia of the PA profession". Marguerita develops PA training courses and trains PAs from around the world.
IN-HOUSE PA TRAINING AT YOUR OFFICES
This course can also be taught in-house at your offices to up to 8 PAs, EAs, secretaries and Administrators for a significantly lower price. And delivered over 2 days or in 2 one-day sessions. Please contact us by email to discuss or download a brochure for details and prices.
IN-HOUSE LUNCH & LEARNS
We also offer in-house Lunch 'n Learn PA Training for your PA network. Lunch 'n Learns are 1.5 hour modules that can be taught during a lunch period at your offices. download Lunch and Learn brochure for full details or contact us by email.
Early Bird Price: *£977.00 (inclusive)
Standard price £1050.00 (inclusive)
Group rate “per delegate” price: £825.00 (inclusive)
"PA Tips" Student Alumni Price: £810.00 (inclusive)
Charities Price: £810.00 (inclusive)
*Register 27 days in advance to take advantage of our Early Bird price.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The price includes the taught workshop, a course workbook, basic stationery, early morning, mid-morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch, a Personal-Assistant-Tips Certificate of Achievement, 6 months of PA mentoring on an Ask-a-Question basis, and any applicable taxes. Course fees do not cover travel, accommodation or transfer
A business case letter can be provided upon request.
Click orange button below to register and pay online or download a registration form to pay by bank transfer.
FACING A NEW PA/EA CHALLENGE?
NEED FAST-TRACK TRAINING?
Add career mentoring to a training course of your choice for those times when training alone is not enough to move your career forward. We offer bespoke fast-track PA/EA development programmes that include a training course/bespoke course, along with career mentoring. This development package can be delivered at your offices in England or Wales. Contact us to discuss how to tailor a development package to your needs.
GOT A QUESTION?
CALL US OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
+44 845 862 2687
PA, EA & ADMIN MENTORING
Can't attend training? PA/EA mentoring gives you access to a trusted advisor who understands the challenges of your role and can offer effective solutions for increasing your productivity and moving your career forward.
"Marguerita's skillful approach of the particular topics I lack in administration and organization grew me overnight thus being able to face my new challenge in the utmost professional manner."
Diana, EA, Switzerland
CV/RESUME MENTORING TESTIMONIAL
"I am thankful that you helped me so quickly with my CV. I now feel more self-confident with this professional CV. Thanks to your tips and review the format is very clean and the content is powerful. Now the job hunting can start!"
Annette, Records & Information Manager, Germany
EA/PA TRAINING COURSES
Gain full access to this website with over 100 articles providing advice and resources for PAs, EAs and Administrators, secretaries and Office Managers
No renewal fees, No annual fees
Looking for top EA training?
he gold standard of EA training
"The course was exceptionally run by the trainer. Would recommend it to any EA."
JOIN THIS WEBSITE
for full access to over 100 articles for PAs on this website
No renewal or annual fees
(Click here for currency calculator)
PA TRAINING TESTIMONIALS
“Thank you so much - this was a very interesting experience that brought a lot of knowledge. Please don't change it."
Anna, Executive Assistant, Capgemini, London
“I picked up lots of tips that I can bring back to my job to add value going forward. Great couple of days - well done!!"
Annette, Symantec, Ireland
"For the first time, a course with real practical tips, (a whole range as advertised). A different approach from the usual PA trainings."
Executive Assistant, Munich, Germany
"My coaching session with Marguerita has changed the way I approach my work. She has given me some excellent tips on time management, managing working relationships and making the most of my role. I came away from the session with new-found enthusiasm and an eagerness to put into practice the advice she shared with me.
Anya, Senior Administrator, London"
"Dear Ms King I have stumbled upon your website, during research w.r.t. PA related matters, and find it to be awesome. I feel that I do not need to look any further for information. Your website contains all that a PA/Secretary needs to know and MORE!"
Chantelle, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
"Hello Marguerita:I've just spent a substantial amount of time reviewing your website and can only say one thing...AMAZING! Your insight into the needs of administrative professionals is absolutely mind boggling. Thanks for your willingness to be a valuable resource."
P.J. Davenport, Davenport Executive Services